Thread: Cold and flu diet

Cold and flu diet

Do you tend to not want to eat when you aren't feeling well? Do you know when you should starve it and when you should feed a fever? When you start eating a nutritional diet there are other things that will come into play. Foods that are high in nutrients can help you in fighting an infection and it's possible that it can help you in preventing an illness. There are many different nutrients that are needed for wellness.

Consider the following to stay healthy.

Foods High in Antioxidants

By eating foods that are high in antioxidants you can help to build a strong immune system in your body. Your body needs them because they are categorized as an essential nutrient. They help in protecting your body against stressors. They are thought to get in the way of the disease process. Free radicals play a part in that. Molecules tear apart the cell structures. Antioxidants could take that power away from the free radicals which helps you in preventing an illness.

Make sure that your diet consists of fruits and vegetables. This is the best way to make sure that you are getting the right amount of antioxidants. When you cook them make sure that you don't use a lot of liquid because that can actually take the nutrients out of them.

If you abide by the rules that health organizations outline then you can get the right amount of antioxidants in your body.

• Foods that are rich in nutrients are rich in beta-carotene and carotenoids.
    • They should be rich in vitamin C
    • They should be rich in vitamin E

Bioflavonoids and Colds

Foods that are high in bioflavonoids are going to help you stay healthy. These are key nutrients. They help strengthen the immune system. These are active substances that help with vitamin C and they act as an antioxidant. You can find these in pulp, fruits, peppers, lemons and limes. Quercetin is an ingredient in bioflavonoids that are needed to help strengthen the immune system.

RandalllWal

Cold and flu diet

Sounds like you have the flu and have a fever. Have you checked? Sometimes you shiver and feel cold when you have a fever....I know it sounds weird. Rest, drink fluids, and Id check if you have a fever....

KevinWal

Cold and flu diet

Im quite lucky because I dont tend to get ill and probably only get flu once every 3 or 4 years. When I do get it, its not normally bad enough to cause me to have to take time off work. High doses of vitamin C during cold and flu season seems to be quite a popular thing in recent years but I dont know if it has any scientific basis to it.