You should contact a doctor right away if you develop sudden pain.

Schedule an appointment if you experience the following:

  • A pregnancy can't happen after 12 months
  • There is blood in the stool
  • Urinating is painful, if you cannot urinate or if there is blood in the urine
  • You experience pain during sexual intercourse
  • The pain gets in the way of your daily activities
  • Periods have changed from being pain free to very painful

Watchful Waiting Period

It is likely that you will have some pain during your period. If you do not have any other symptoms and a couple of cycles have passed, it is likely that the doctor is going to monitor you during watchful waiting. Home treatment may help in relieving this pain. The progress will be discussed with your doctor ongoing so that they can monitor you.

Health Care Professionals

You should see the following doctors who can evaluate this condition and help you in managing your symptoms:

  • Physician's Assistant
  • Nurse Practitioner
  • Internist
  • Gynecologist

If this case is a bit complicated, the main problem is going to be infertility and you should see the following doctors:

  • Surgeon
  • Reproductive Endocrinologist

If it is a surgical treatment, the patient will be referred to a gynecologist.