Thread: What is Acne?

What is Acne?

Acne is a skin condition caused by the inflammation of the hair follicles and sebaceous (oil-producing) glands of skin. Hair follicles are the miniature structures that grow hair in the entire scalp. Sebaceous glands produce sebum. On places where acne grows, the hair roots are surrounded by sebaceous glands. The mix of the sebaceous glands along with the hair follicles is the "pilosebaceous unit," where acne pimples and cysts grow. Sebum moisturizes skin and hair. Each hair pushes up through skin surface in addition to sebum.

Acne generally starts during puberty. It happens when sebaceous glands in the skin are over-excited to create sebum and skin cells aren't shed usually. These cells that are tacky obstruct the hair follicles of the skin's .

The obstructed, oil-filled follicle subsequently causes the bacteria usually in the hair roots to multiply. This results in inflammation, redness and pimples (pustules).

teenagers, acne flareups likely are related to an all-natural increase in androgen hormones through the teen years. These androgens stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce excess sebum. Hereditary factors also add to the difficulty.

Other variables which may lead to acne include:

1. Greasy make-up

2. Humidity

3. Significant perspiration

4. Issues together with the ovaries or adrenal glands

5. Drugs including:

- Lithium

- Steroids, both prescription steroids and possibly dangerous "body building" steroids

Acne isn't related to poor hygiene or diet. Actually, too much washing can cause an acne flare up to get worse.

Outward indications of acne

Acne causes greasy skin, and at times skin which is hot or painful to touch.

Acne most generally grows on:

- the face - changes nearly everyone with acne
    - the back - this impacts over half of people with acne
    - the torso - this changes around 15% of people with acne

Types of spots

You will find six primary kinds of spot brought on by acne:

- blackheads - little black or yellowish lumps that grow on the skin; they aren't filled with soil but are black as the interior lining of the hair follicle creates pigmentation (colouring)
    - whiteheads - possess an identical look to blackheads, when squeezed, however they might be more solid and is not going to empty
    - papules - little red lumps that will feel sore or tender
    - pustules - similar to papules, but have a white point an in the center which is the result of a buildup of pus
    - nodules - big hard hunks that develop beneath the top layer of skin and might not be painless
    - cysts - the most serious kind of spot brought on by acne; they're large pus-filled lumps that appear similar to boils and carry the best danger of causing long-term scarring

How to treat acne

Acne could be medicated with:

1. Salicylic acid washes. These washes help to empty comedones of sebum.

2. Benzoyl peroxide gels. Some are accessible in poorer over the counter lotions. More powerful and more powerful gel types are available by prescription if these do not work. These medicines are placed on your skin as a thin film. They:

- pare and Dry the skin

- Fight the development of bacteria

- Help to clear blocked hair follicles

- Tretinoin (Retin A). That is put on skin as lotion, gel or liquid. By raising the turnover of skin cells, it will help to clear the skin of plugged follicles. Additionally, it raises the susceptibility of the skin to sun. So tretinoin ought to be utilized using a sunblock.

- Antibiotics. Specific antibiotics may be employed straight to skin to decrease the development of acne-causing bacteria.

Acne is treated with oral antibiotics, if these external treatments neglect. Nonetheless, these drugs can have negative effects. They have been accessible only by prescription.

It may cause birth defects. Contraception must be used by girls on such antibiotics that are sexually active. They must make absolutely sure they don't become pregnant during treatment or for one month after treatment.

In acute cases, oral isotretinoin might be looked at. This medicine could be extremely powerful but can cause serious unwanted effects including severe birth defects. Strict protocols should be followed. Monthly appointments with the doctor that was treating should be held through the therapy period to monitor for virtually any unwanted effects. In females of child bearing age, protocol contains two types of birth control. The therapy period is normally five months.

When to seek medical advice

Even moderate instances of acne can cause misery. In case your acne is making you feel quite sad or you cannot restrain your spots with over the counter drugs, see your physician. In case you grow cysts, nodules or scarring additionally see your GP. Scarring is common with cysts and deep nodules, but might happen after areas nearer the top.

Toko Obat Penghilang Bekas Jerawat Jakarta

Re: What is Acne?

Nice Info Doc,, Thx...
    By the way,,, I had pimples and scars on face, I spent a big money on bla bla creams but fake. I used to feel low in office due to ugliness on my face.
    Finally I used Dermozone without confidence, but I was wrong, it gave me good results. All pimples gone and scars a reducing.
    I am using it from last 4 months and will continue more very good medicines and face pack.

Re: What is Acne?

Is it a good practice to use beauty products too much???